Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the place for questions about learning design and pedagogy; how to use different page types for different purposes.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Audio in Xerte 5 years 5 months ago #5413

• Jonathan Smith
  • Jonathan Smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
We are using Xerte to develop learning materials for international students to develop their listening skills in English. This involves having an audio/video player on the same page as some kind of interactive task.

We thought at first we might be limited in the number of different task types we could use...
....until we realised that the "Narration" option in Optional Properties enabled us to embed the audio player on virtually any page type. Perhaps it could be renamed "Add audio"?

We also love the Transcript Reader page type... and even more so when we realised that the text doesn't have to be a transcript. Basically it just allows you to synch points on an audio track with points in a text. From our perspective that's really useful because you can target learner attention on specific bits of the recording (like Media Lesson, but with more flexibility in the task type).

It's a journey!

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonathan Smith.

Audio in Xerte 5 years 5 months ago #5414

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
...and so if you love the transcript reader page for those reasons try the media lesson page too! The key point being the media can be audio rather than video (which is not something that people often realise) and in the media lesson page you have a much richer set of options and interactions to sync with the audio and control the audio too.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Audio in Xerte 5 years 5 months ago #5415

• Jonathan Smith
  • Jonathan Smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks for the advice, Ron. I struggled a bit with understanding how the Media Lesson page type works in the editor - something to do with conceptualising the relationship between the Media Panel and other panels. I will revisit it, and go to Takeshi for support if I get stuck.

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search