Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Forum for the discussion around technical documentation, user documentation, website & testing
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Group sharing 1 month 2 weeks ago #8943

• Jonathan Smith
  • Jonathan Smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi

My installation is 3.12.20. I've created a couple of user groups in the Admin panel and that seems to be working OK. Just a couple of questions/issues.

I don't have a Group Sharing tab in Project Properties, but I have worked out that when I go into Shared Settings, then both individuals and groups are suggested. Is this the new way of sharing with groups? Has the Group Sharing tab been deprecated?

Am I right in thinking you can't create a new project straight into a group folder, i.e. you have to create in a personal area and then share with the group?

Best wishes

Jonathan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Group sharing 1 month 2 weeks ago #8944

• Fay
  • Thank you received: 88
Hi Jonathan

Yes, you share to groups via the normal shared settings tab. I think there was a group sharing tab at one point but not sure what version that was in or if it was just in beta code. All projects must have a creator that is a user rather than a group so you do need to create a project in your own workspace before sharing with the group. You could create a folder in your workspace, share the folder with the group and then create projects directly into the shared folder though - then it would automatically be shared with the same settings as its parent folder.

Hope this helps
Fay

Group sharing 1 month 2 weeks ago #8945

• Jonathan Smith
  • Jonathan Smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Many thanks, Fay This is all clear - we'll amend the wiki accordingly,

Best wishes

Jonathan

• Page:
Moderators: Fayronmingdonhelenmd
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search