Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.

TOPIC:

import/ needs to be writeable 10 years 1 month ago #1566

• cgoacher
  • cgoacher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Tom,

Sorry to bug you on this again but some of our users are desperately needing to upload content onto our system. I was just wondering if you have had any time to continue setting up Xerte and any luck with troubleshooting this further?

Thanks

Craig

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

import/ needs to be writeable 10 years 1 month ago #1583

• cgoacher
Hi Tom,

I'm hoping I've made some progress. running out of ideas I decided to start trying to setup a fresh Xerte install and while going through the motions I noted that the import path field within the sitedetails table had the full path to the import folder. Our current system only had 'import/'.

So I've tried changing this and now it seems I am able to import templates I export from the current system. But any that I export from our old system (which seems to be running the same version of Xerte) I am presented the message 'File Transfer has failed.****Only Xerte templates are currently imported.' when I try to import these.

I'll keep investigating this message but if you happen to know a quick fix for this error message then that would be great.

Thanks again

Craig

import/ needs to be writeable 10 years 1 month ago #1586

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 310
Import path contains the full path for me here as well, and as far as I can tell, it works fine.

Regarding the error message, any interesting messages in the log file, when you switch debug on?

import/ needs to be writeable 10 years 1 month ago #1595

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 310
The message comes from line 376 of website_code/php/import/import.php

Does your php include the zip extension?

import/ needs to be writeable 10 years 1 month ago #1603

• cgoacher
Hi Tom,

I can't see anything interesting within the log file when debug is set to true and I can see php_zip.dll is enabled within PHP for the site in IIS.

Thanks

Craig

import/ needs to be writeable 10 years 1 month ago #1604

• cgoacher
Hi Tom,

As the system is new to me I'm unfamiliar with how an exported template would typically look. I've created a test template and added just a plain text page and a graphics and sound page. When exported, if I look at the contents of the zip file there are quite a few sub folders, xml, rlt, js files etc. included.

However, picking some templates at random which I'm exporting from the old system (some of the ones I've been asked to move onto the new system), when I open these, so far I'm not seeing much more than a preview.xml file and I've found one which also contains a media folder with some images included.

This might be purely coincidence that I've picked some 'bad' examples to start trying to export but I'm just wondering whether that sounds normal to you just in case the problem now actually lies with the content being exported from the old system?

I'll see if I can find some 'better' examples to try exporting from the old system in the meantime.

Thanks

Craig

Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search