Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Drag and Drop - when click on NEXT button I do not go to next page 3 years 6 months ago #6921

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Xerte community,
Hoping you can help myself and my colleagues.
We have used Drag and Drop in a Xerte, but after completing the drag and drop and submitting, when clicking on the NEXT button we do not go t the next page, but we go to the same Drag and Drop page but it is blank. I number my pages, so page 2 Drag and Drop I can participate in, then click on NEXT button and I see page 2 Drag and Drop and a blank screen, but I want to go to my next page which is a Summary page type.

This has happened when testing with two different Xerte LOs.

The previous page used is Interactive text and navigation has been disabled on Interactive text page and the last group name has an image with page link jump to the Drag and Drop page type activity. This all works fine and the image with the page link to next page works, and takes us to Drag and Drop page type. clicking on submit also works on Drag and Drop, but the NEXT button moves us to the same drag and drop page but it is blank. We have some pages after the Drag and Drop page type, we both have a summary page, but we cannot get to it. We go to a blank page with the same drag and drop page title and number.

I hope this explanation of the problem makes sense and hopefully there is a quick solution, before Friday would be nice as my colleague is planning to use the Xerte then.

thank you in advance Xerte community for your help and testing.
Best wishes
anne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Drag and Drop - when click on NEXT button I do not go to next page 3 years 6 months ago #6922

• ingdon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Hi, my name is Inge. I'm an e-learning advisor.
  • Thank you received: 34
Hi Anne,

Could it be that the problem is not the drag and drop page but the next page? What happens if you disable/delete the next page? Is it possible to go to the next page then?

Bye,
Inge
DLearning
I.Donkervoort
www.dlearning.nl

Drag and Drop - when click on NEXT button I do not go to next page 3 years 6 months ago #6923

• annem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Xerte community and thank you Inge for replying.

I will try deleting the next page which is a Summary page.

To help identify the issue, I attach the Xerte which has been exported as SCORM 2004.

And the link is below so that you can see what happens.

xerte.northampton.ac.uk/xertetoolkits/play_3773

Whilst I try deleting the next page (the summary page) hopefully a developer can check my xerte.

Thanks in advance.
Best wishes
Anne
Attachments:

Drag and Drop - when click on NEXT button I do not go to next page 3 years 6 months ago #6924

• annem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Xerte Community,
I have deleted the next page (which was a Summary page) and added a text page after the Drag and Drop page, but the same problem happens.
When clicking on the NEXT button after completing the drag and drop exercise, the next page is blank but with the same title displayed for Drag and Drop.

I made a copy of the original xerte so it has the name copy and it is public, the link is below. I also attach a SCORM file.

xerte.northampton.ac.uk/xertetoolkits/play_4101

Hopefully a developer can check if this is a new bug?

thank you in advance for investigating.
Best wishes
anne
Attachments:

Drag and Drop - when click on NEXT button I do not go to next page 3 years 6 months ago #6925

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
As far as I can tell, it is a bug, and it looks familiar, in that I think I fixed that quite some time ago. I'll check.
You've got quite an old installation.

Drag and Drop - when click on NEXT button I do not go to next page 3 years 6 months ago #6926

• ingdon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Hi, my name is Inge. I'm an e-learning advisor.
  • Thank you received: 34
Hi Anne,

I added your project to my Xerte (SCORM package) and it work here. Both the red arrow and the next button on the bottom of the page.
speelplaats.12change.eu/play.php?template_id=1480
Does this work for you?

Bye,
Inge

Bye,
Inge
DLearning
I.Donkervoort
www.dlearning.nl

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search