Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Xerte Dashboard 3 years 8 months ago #6731

• Alan
  • Alan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I've been reading through the documentation, forums and V.O.Ds over the course of the last couple of months.
I fail to see much on the Dashboard unfortunately.

I've managed to get a service up and running - the xAPI is working, it's posting enabled activity to 'SCORM Cloud'. This is useful, but isn't that informative for a high-level look over. 

I have to design it so that users can come in, see how the group is doing and then specifically how individuals are doing.

The Xerte dashboard unfortunately does not show anything other than a continuously loading symbol. 
Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I've tried to go around it by creating an 'Adaptive Content' object and targeting the appropriate LOs there. This has not worked either, the graph does not show.

Edit: What is with the Dashboard URLs? This might help me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Alan.

Xerte Dashboard 3 years 8 months ago #6733

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 305
The dashboard doesn't have it's own URL. Can you startup a development console (by pressing F12 in Chrome,Firefox and Edge). Any errors there? Any errors in the PHP log?

A common issue is that the php-curl extension is not loaded. However, I don't think that is the issue here, as you get xAPI statements in SCORM cloud.

Which version of Xerte are you using? (navigate to https://<xerte-url>/version.txt

Also, for the adaptive contants page, I wold recommend to create a separate thread. And then please provide some screenshots of how you set it up.

Xerte Dashboard 3 years 8 months ago #6735

• Alan
I understand that it doesn't have it's own URL, my query about the Dashboard URLs is within the xAPI settings there is a field for 'Dashboard URLs', so I was curious what, if anything, I should put there.

When I click on the Page model which has the issue, I get two errors. (see attached image)

Xerte version: git v3.8.5-1-gd0141c1

Okay, I'll create a separate thread, thank you
Thanks very much for the response
Attachments:

Xerte Dashboard 3 years 8 months ago #6740

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Ah, those URL's. You can enter alternative URL's that the dashboard needs to query for when presenting for this Learning Object(LO)
We use that for debugging, but it's also needed when changing the URL of the Xerte installation.

You get a 406 error. Please enable the $development mode in config.php on line 43 and check the error_logs/debug.log for additional information. In this case your looking for messages coming from xapi_proxy.php
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan

Last edit: by tom.

Xerte Dashboard 3 years 8 months ago #6741

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
That should have been config.php, line 43

Xerte Dashboard 3 years 8 months ago #6747

• Alan
The URLs - Right, I think that's a cleared it up a bit for me - thank you - just to confirm, it's okay to leave that field blank?

I've changed the $development mode and my debug.log has a lot of xapi_proxy.php274xapi_proxy array reports, which makes sense and seems normal.
And early on, there are some select statements related to these examples;
'display_library.php660Running', 'database_library.php176Running' and 'user_library.php270Running'

I'm still having the same issue, (LoadingDashboard.jpg) appearing in the Project Details section.
And I'm still receiving the same errors (DashboardErrors.jpg)

(I have logged out, logged in, refreshed, tried different LOs and made new ones...)

Is there anything else I can look for or do to resolve this?
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: jjs
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search