Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

How install xerte in windows 10? 7 years 10 months ago #3781

• aleyola
  • aleyola's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I installed Xerte online toolkits , on my PC with Windows 10. I installed also xamm to work on my pc , but when I try to install it from localhost / Xerte / setup nothing appears.
Please , could help to install it correctly Xerte online toolkits ..
thank you very much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How install xerte in windows 10? 7 years 10 months ago #3791

• JohnSmith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi Yolanda,

When you go to http://localhost/ do you get any webpage back or an error? If you get a webpage back and it's not Xampp default page then you have a default Windows IIS server running and need to stop that first. Google it and there should be plenty instructions for Windows 10

If you are getting an error then perhaps Xampp server isn't running. You need to open Xampp from the start menu and start but the Apache server and the MySQL service at a minimum. Try again at localhost. if you now get Xampp page then you can try localhost / Xerte / setup

If you still don't get the setup page then your files may be in wrong place. Make sure you go to the htdocs for xampp and ensure that the xerte installation files are unzipped in a folder called Xerte in the htdocs folder. You need to ensure the case of the folder is correct as pathnames are case sensitive.

John

How install xerte in windows 10? 2 years 8 months ago #7552

• thoale
I have successful installed Xerte version 3.8 on local PC , and I have tried to install version 3.10 in local PC too, but it didn't work in version 3.10. I don't know why? Anyone can clarify my problem?

However, when I install Xerte version 3.10 in host, it works just fine, but I can't manage to change from private to public.
My problem is that, LOs from version 3.8 when exported to scorm, My Moodle doesn't accept, but if it is created in version 3.10, then it works prefectly.

i found that the xot3.8.zip and xot310.zip when I extract them, alll folders are not the same, xot3.8 have alot of files, but xot3.10 has only few. maybe, this is a case for failing.

Anyone has exeperience on this issue, pls advice and help. Many thanks.
Thoa

How install xerte in windows 10? 2 years 8 months ago #7553

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
It would have been better to start a new topic insetad of answering on an existing one.

It looks like your trying to use the xertetoolkits_update_3.10.zip instead of xertetoolkits_3.10.zip. Also, not that you cannot use the update pacakge to update a 3.8 install to 3.10. You need to install the full 3.10 package over the 3.8 install (and than go to <xot url>/ upgrade.php)

How install xerte in windows 10? 2 years 8 months ago #7556

• thoale
Dear Tom,
Yes, I has download xertetoolkits_update_3.10.zip instead of xertetoolkits_3.10.zip. Thank you very much for your response. I will start to install this again. Hope it will work.
Thoa

How install xerte in windows 10? 2 years 8 months ago #7557

• thoale
Dear Tom,
can you explain what is the difference between xertetookits_update_3.10.zip and Xertetookits_3.10.zip?
Best wishes,
Thoa

Moderators: alimcnronm
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search