Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Using keyboard (not mouse) to jump to main content and scroll down page to read 3 years 6 months ago #6909

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Xerte Community,
Please can you remind me of the keystrokes used to get to the main content landmark on the page to then scroll down the page to read the text on the page. I have a page which has text and the scroll is available on the screen, and for 'mouse' users, they can use the scroll to scroll down the page to read all the text.
But how does the keyboard user jump to the main page content area to then scroll down the page, using I assume the downward arrow key. I have been trying various keys which I thought would work, but they don't. The Xerte is an exported SCORM package in Blackboard. Will that make a difference?

When I press Tab key I jump to the navigation landmarks. But I don't get any key strokes working to jump me to content area to scroll down the page to read the text.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards
Anne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Using keyboard (not mouse) to jump to main content and scroll down page to read 3 years 6 months ago #6913

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Xerte Community,

After further testing I am sharing some testing results. Exporting as SCORM 1.2 and upload to Blackboard and using the keyboard to navigate through the course which includes some pages with text requiring the scroll bar on the page.

In my testing I found that the browsers have an impact on using the keyboard to jump to navigation buttons and main content area.

I found that FireFox browser works the best in that using the Tab key on the keyboard enabled me to jump to all areas of the Xerte page, including the main content area, where I could then use the upward and downward arrow to scroll on that main content area page.

So would you agree that instruction is the best solution?
Best regards
Anne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: alimcnronm
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search