Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Screen reader navigation and tabbed navigator page queries 2 years 11 months ago #7358

• Huzar
  • Huzar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
That's great, very helpful Ron.
Thank you
Geri

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Screen reader navigation and tabbed navigator page queries 2 years 10 months ago #7407

• Huzar
Hi Ron,

Hope you're well and making the most of the nice weather.

We’re updating our Being digital accessibility statement to comply with the latest Government guidance and wanted to check that you are okay for us to include the following:

"We are working closely with the supplier to fix accessibility issues. We hope the issues will be resolved by 30th September 2021."

Many thanks,

Geri

Screen reader navigation and tabbed navigator page queries 2 years 10 months ago #7408

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi Geri
thanks hope all is well with you too. The nicer weather has been good but as we speak (hence the quick response) I'm sat at my computer working on some Xerte developments so not really benefitting! ;-)

I would suggest changing that line to something like the following:

"We have worked closely with the supplier to fix accessibility issues. The known issues have been resolved but we are awaiting availability of the next release which is due by end of June 2021."

I know I replied over a month ago saying that the release should be available that following week and as it turned out that didn't happen due to other ongoing developments but we had a developer day last week and the current target for the release is now next week e.g. 7th June. So if you're updating your statement as we speak then certainly indicating resolved by 30th September should be fine but as I say those issues are already resolved it's just not so easy to cherry pick just those changes and the full release has taken longer than anticipated but is now imminent.

I should add that the good news about that delay is that other improvements have been added too and some of those are also accessibility related.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Screen reader navigation and tabbed navigator page queries 2 years 10 months ago #7409

• Huzar
Hi Ron,

Many thanks for your quick, really helpful reply. I'm fine and on annual leave from tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the break :-)

We will change the wording as you suggested.

Good to hear about all the improvements coming in the new release..

Best wishes,
Geri

Moderators: alimcnronm
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search