• Page:

TOPIC:

Use of Xerte logo 3 years 1 month ago #7223

• Jonathan Smith
  • Jonathan Smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
I am planning a number of webinars on authoring in Xerte, for the University of Reading, where I work, and for the professional association, BALEAP, that I'm active in.

Do I need to ask for permission to use the Xerte logo in promotional materials or in PPTs? If so, how, and are there any conditions of use?

Best wishes

Jonathan Smith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Use of Xerte logo 3 years 1 month ago #7224

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 244
Hi Jonathan
not sure if anyone has responded offlist about this particular question but I think you have been contacted about your sessions submissions for the Xerte conference?

I think we would say it's fine to use the Xerte logo in your presentations about Xerte with the following in mind:
Use it in a way that represents the Xerte application and Xerte project without changing it's colour or shape etc.
We would encourage you to include a link back and reference to xerte.org.uk somewhere.
That you aren't using it to suggest any official involvement with or provision of services on behalf of the Xerte project.

I mention that last point because we are aware of hosting providers who simply automate the inclusion of Xerte in the software they make available and in some cases infer they have some official involvement in the project which they do not.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: alimcnronm
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search