Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Xerte SCORM Package in Moodle not resuming 4 years 8 months ago #5787

• Piotr1984
  • Piotr1984's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I'm using Xerte Online Toolkit to create materials for an online course and I can't find a solution to a problem with Xerte generated SCORM Package. The problem is that I can't get Xerte Learning object to resume from the point the student left the LO. Some of my learning object are quite long so it's quite frustrating for the student to always have to start from scratch. I thought initially the the problem is with Moodle, but I tried every possible setting and I can't get it to work. Is there something within XOT that I could try to make sure that the Scorm package communicate tracking data to Moodle? Any suggestions would be helpful! Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Xerte SCORM Package in Moodle not resuming 4 years 8 months ago #5792

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi
Resuming and returning to the last page viewed should work fine as long as the attempt hasn't triggered completion. However that makes this sound much easier to troubleshoot than it is because there are so many variable factors including as you have hinted a whole host of different settings in Moodle as well as different settings in Xerte and on top of that the versions of each can have an impact too.

In terms of Xerte make sure you are using the latest release e.g. Xerte X available on this site.

If you post as much details about the settings in Xerte the settings in Moodle and anything else relevant including screenshots then we may be able to advise. But remember that support on these forums is voluntary and it's obviously holiday season too!

The other thing I would say here is that long LOs are rarely the best solution and there are so many advantages to breaking them up into a sequence of smaller LOs especially with mobile access in mind.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Xerte SCORM Package in Moodle not resuming 4 years 8 months ago #5799

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 306
Did you try to use a SCORM 1.2 package or a SCORM 2004 3rd Ed. package?

The length of the suspend data in 1.2 is quite limited and might overrun the 4k. Than resume will not work. I am looking into that. In the meantime try a SCORM 2004 package.

(See also github issue github.com/thexerteproject/xerteonlinetoolkits/issues/847 )

Xerte SCORM Package in Moodle not resuming 4 years 8 months ago #5800

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 306
Hmm. Also SCORM 2004 needed a fix.

See github issue github.com/thexerteproject/xerteonlinetoolkits/issues/847

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenjjs
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search