Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Persistent white box overlaying preview 3 years 9 months ago #6634

• neha_45
  • neha_45's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

I've published a project in Xerte v3.8.5 which displays and previews fine on multiple browsers and devices, as confirmed by various testers and learners. Just one user has come back and said they see a persistent white box overlaying the top left hand side of the screen, regardless of browser used. I'm hoping it's a one-off but could this be a problem with the Xerte project? If not, what could it be?

Note the project has not been published to an LMS and is not embedded in a webpage yet - for now it's just being viewed using Xerte's autogenerated preview URL. See screenshot.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Persistent white box overlaying preview 3 years 9 months ago #6636

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi
if you share the link to the project and if we can see the issue we might be able to advise but certainly what's shown in your screenshot isn't normal behaviour.
You mention preview url but I take it you mean the public play url? e.g. /preview.php?template_id=xyz is only available to you logged in as author. /play.php?template_id=xyz would be the public URL if the LO has been made public.
I might suggest advising the user to clear cache but if they get the same with different browsers that's unlikely to be the issue. Perhaps see if they can try on a different device especially if nobody else is getting the same issue. Or arrange to screen share and see if you can identify the cause via browser console etc.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: neha_45

Persistent white box overlaying preview 3 years 9 months ago #6640

• neha_45
  • neha_45's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Ron. I'll try screensharing with the user and see if I can get to the bottom of it. The public link is: xerte.cardiff.ac.uk/play_12096 (the forum won't allow me to share the full URL as I'm a new user). Grateful for any advice you might have.

Persistent white box overlaying preview 3 years 9 months ago #6641

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
I've quickly viewed the LO in Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE and Opera and can't see the white box mentioned by your user.
It seems likely that it's something at their end and if you hadn't said that they also get the issue with multiple browsers I might have suggested check if its a browser plugin clash or something but that's unlikely to be the case if they get the same across more than one browser.
I look after the Cardiff installation so if you can't resolve it with the user yourself then if you report it as an issue internally it may well get referred to me anyway.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenjjs
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search