Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Repeating the Xerte - Xerte opens on final page 3 years 5 months ago #7036

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Xerte Community,

Repeating the Xerte (which is set to unlimited attempts in blackboard) but Xerte opens on final page.

I am not sure if this is a bug or an issue but I want to report what I have been able to replicate after the issue was reported to me.

Issue
A student undertook the Xerte, but it appears that student did not visit every page, and therefore progress would not have been 100% when clicking 'Stop and finish tracking of this session' on the final last page (and perhaps the student did not click on this option).

The Xerte (which has been correctly produced) contains a Result Page.

The Result page in this specific Xerte project, is not the last final page.

Therefore on the advice of Ron, the pages following the Result Page have 'Completion not required' with a tick. And the final page added is Misc > Stop tracking.

How can the student re-start this Xerte from the beginning first page?

I have replicated the problem and I don't know what to advise the member of staff.
Is this a bug or issue?

Hopefully you can help and make suggestion to me?
Thank you in advance for replies.
Best wishes
Anne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Repeating the Xerte - Xerte opens on final page 3 years 5 months ago #7037

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi Anne
I already responded to this to you directly. It means that the previous attempt wasn't completed. The fact that you get redirected to the stop tracking page suggests that's where you left off and if you stopped at say page 7 then you would be redirected to page 7 next time you visit. Lack of completion either means that you didn't click the stop tracking button or that you didn't view all the pages or complete all the activities. If you are redirected to the stop tracking page you can still use the navigation buttons or TOC button to go back through the LO (including the first page) and make sure you complete everything. So advice to the learners should include guidance about completing every page and activity and clicking the stop tracking button at the end but also if they are subsequently redirected to the stop tracking page to use the TOC to go back and complete everything so that the attempt is then completed.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Repeating the Xerte - Xerte opens on final page 3 years 5 months ago #7039

• annem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Ron,
Thank you so much for your quick reply,

But I want to pick up on what I think is an issue or a bug.

Repeating the Xerte
An academic reported that a student reported that he/she was getting the message 'END' 'You have completed the e-learning'.

I had previously informed the academic, on your advice, to add instructions as you have detailed below. The academic confirmed that the instructions has been added to the site. I hadn't mentioned restarting using the Table of Contents (TOC), so I will do that.

My testing to replicate the issue in student preview mode in blackboard
I have intentionally played the xerte and missed out pages so that they are not viewed, and not got 100% progress bar and not clicked on the option on the last page ‘Stop and finish tracking of this session' and then tested again missing pages but did click on ‘Stop and finish tracking of this session' .

I then in student preview mode in Blackboard clicked on the Xerte to play it, and when I saw the 'you have completed the e-learning' message, this time I used the Table of Contents (TOC) to make sure I started at the first page and I clicked on every page to view every page and did all the activities etc and made sure that I didn't miss anything.

I then checked the grade centre and the grade centre states 'In progress' for 16 November 2020.

So could this be an issue or a bug?

What do we do please?

Best wishes
Anne

Repeating the Xerte - Xerte opens on final page 3 years 5 months ago #7043

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi Anne
I was going to check this in your Blackboard sandpit but now when I exit student preview mode I'm not seeing the options that include keep grades etc. I know there's usually a tick box option to remember that choice but I don't know where/how to get the option back to show those options again and to retain the preview user grades.
This is not relevant to Xerte forum users so please restore that option and then email directly.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Repeating the Xerte - Xerte opens on final page 3 years 5 months ago #7044

• annem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Ron,
Thank you, I will take offline. Thank you for the support so far.
Best wishes
Anne

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search