Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Problem with SCORM courses advancing in TalentLMS 3 years 1 month ago #7199

• jaye
  • jaye's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi there, I am wondering if anyone else can assist with an issue we are facing. There is a course in particular that refuses to advance to the next Module, after users have passed the quiz. We've contacted TalentLMS and they have said the issue must be on the authoring tools end. What is strange however, is that it has just started to happen for this one particular course since after the holiday break. Has anyone else experienced this issue? How can it be addressed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Problem with SCORM courses advancing in TalentLMS 3 years 1 month ago #7200

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 305
Hi,

Regrettably I don't know TalentLMS, so don't know the exact answers.

Can I assume that 'advancing to the next module'somehow depends on the outcome of a previous module? As Xerte SCORM packages do not support sequencing, I suppose this is the way it works. Can you please confirm that?

If that is the case, than probably the results are not written back to TalentLMS in such a way that advancing to the next module is happening. It would help me (one of the authors of the SCORM code of Xerte) if TalentLMS can explain to me why the issue is with the authoring tool. I.e. can they indicate what TalentLMS is expecting and is apperently not happening? Than, I can have a look.

Some other things you might want to check:
- Is this particular course embedded differently?
- Is the issue the same on all browsers? (Chrome changed the way unload events are handled some time ago)
- What version of Xerte are you using?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenjjs
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search