Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Unable to edit XOT Learning Object (window not loading) 2 years 9 months ago #7473

• Sven
  • Sven's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm trying to setup xerte withing moodle (integration path) on XAMPP (7.4.3). Everything works fine so far. But, if I try to create/ edit a XOT-Learning-Object, the object is not loaded, the window just opens up and keeps showing the preloader icon. Creating Boostrap Templates and Decision Tree Templates is working fine, XOTs and RSS Feeds don't. Had a look in the USER-FILES and see that LOs were created. Preview.xml looks like this:

<learningObject editorVersion="3" targetFolder="Nottingham" name="Learning Object Title" language="" navigation="Linear" textSize="12" theme="default" displayMode="fill window" responsive="true" />

Tried with Xerte 3.9 and upgraded to 3.10 - same behaviour.
However, LO-editing works if I run Xerte without moodle in db mode.
Any help appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Sven.

Unable to edit XOT Learning Object (window not loading) 2 years 9 months ago #7475

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Hi,

Which version of Moodle are you using? And is xerte installed within the moodle file structure? I would like to replicate this behaviour in order to try to fix it.

Unable to edit XOT Learning Object (window not loading) 2 years 9 months ago #7476

• Sven
  • Sven's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thx for your quick response, Tom.
Xerte is installed within the moodle file structure.
I've done more testing and I suspect it's related to the moodle distribution IOMAD. Tried a pure moodle 3.10.4 and it was working as expected.
I was experimenting with IOMAD-Moodle 3.9.7. Meanwhile I upgraded to IOMAD-Moodle 3.10.4 - now, no learning object is opened, the LO-window leads to the moodle startpage... Strange but naybe that's a bit too far away for Xerte support. So I think I keep going with Xerte and Database-Authentication.

Unable to edit XOT Learning Object (window not loading) 2 years 9 months ago #7477

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Most likely it has to do with session handling. This means that IOMAD uses a different way of session handling than plain vanilla Moodle.

I don't know IOMAD, but I'll have a look some time.

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search