Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Text changes via Grammarly 1 year 9 months ago #8222

• ejw
  • ejw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I've noticed that when editing text and using Grammarly that when you accept changes to spelling/grammar from suggestions from Grammarly (chrome plug in) that these aren't recognised/saved. The text looks as though it has changed but even after publishing, it reverts back to the text that was used before the Grammarly change. A workaround is editing the text based on the Grammarly suggestions rather than clicking for Grammarly to change it. It would be great if this could be looked at though! Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Text changes via Grammarly 1 year 9 months ago #8223

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 88
I've just tested this and although the changes from Grammarly aren't saved automatically, you can force them to be saved by making a minor manual change to the text yourself before clicking publish. For example, after accepting Grammarly changes and clicking publish I don't see the changes reflected on the page. If I then go back to the editor and add and delete a single space at the end of the text then when I click publish, the changes are saved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ejw

Text changes via Grammarly 1 year 9 months ago #8225

• ejw
  • ejw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Fay, so you basically have to make a manual edit anywhere in the text after and it will save the Grammarly changes? I've had a quick go and found this works as you say.

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search