Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Can't duplicate a project 8 years 9 months ago #2910

• mackswel
  • mackswel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I have not altered any code other than the CSS and every other project in my workspace works fine. But suddenly I received this error message:
Notice: Use of undefined constant SITE_PREVIEW_TITLE - assumed 'SITE_PREVIEW_TITLE' inC:\Apache24\htdocs\modules\site\preview.php on line 42

It only appears on the duplicate of one of my projects. When I try to edit the duplicate It shows me no content in the editor window (not even the usual new page buttons you would have from a new project) and It won't allow me to preview the project either.

I wonder If this Is a problem you have come across before and you could save me the time endeavoring to fix it (or failing that, reconstructing my project) or if it's a problem unique to me?

Kind regards,

Max

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can't duplicate a project 8 years 9 months ago #2911

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
was this on a project you were already editing or is the error only on a copy you haven't edited yet?

There was a bug with an earlier revision of the Xerte 3 code which intermittently prevented the duplicate function from working fully. Some would duplicate others wouldn't. This has since been fixed but could be the cause if your installation pre-dated that fix.

One way to check is to export the working original and then import that back in to create the copy - that should work?

If you're saying that the actual project you've been working on won't now edit then the xml may have become corrupted - but that's guesswork. Someone with access to the server files may still be able to help.

Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackswel

Can't duplicate a project 8 years 9 months ago #2912

• mackswel
  • mackswel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Yes it was only the duplicated version which wouldn't edit, I'll use that work around though.

Many thanks,

Max

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search