Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

v3: Issue: Management buttons overlapping 8 years 8 months ago #2992

• jayaich
  • jayaich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
Hello,

I'm marking this as an issue since it relates to a style problem and so may well just be my browser being silly!

If I access the management web page (/management.php), and log in, then I get the button layout shown in attachment one (hopefully!).

The logout button is, in effect, interfering with our site logo, and there seem to be too many middle buttons for the width of the window. Hence the last ones seem to overlap and displace each other.
I am using Firefox 39, but the problem also happens with IE11. With Chrome it looks better, but the logout button is still a problem.

To try and resolve this I have made two changes:
1) Increase the width of the window from 910px to 935px. I also removed the right border setting, and slightly adjusted part of the padding.
2) Move the logout button next to the save button.

I've attached the changes, and an image of the new layout.

John.

File Attachment:

File Name: management.css
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

v3: Issue: Management buttons overlapping 8 years 8 months ago #2993

• jayaich
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hurrah! The attachments mostly worked. It seems to have left one attachment off. There should be an attachment patch for 'management.php'. I'll attach it here.

John.

v3: Issue: Management buttons overlapping 8 years 8 months ago #2994

• jayaich
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Ah. It obviously doesn't like PHP. Here's the change inline:
--- management.php.orig 2015-07-29 23:17:23.000000000 +0100
+++ management.php      2015-08-11 12:18:22.615990303 +0100
@@ -235,7 +235,6 @@
                         ?>
                         <div
                             style="width:50%; height:100%; float:right; position:relative; background-image:url(<?php echo "branding/logo_right.png";?>); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:right; margin-right:10px; float:right">
-                            <p style="float:right; margin:0px; color:#a01a13;"><button type="button" class="xerte_button" onclick="javascript:logout()" ><i class="fa fa-sign-out"></i> <?PHP echo MANAGEMENT_LOGOUT; ?></button></p>
                         </div>
                         <?php
                     }
@@ -243,7 +242,6 @@
                         ?>
                         <div
                             style="width:50%; height:100%; float:right; position:relative; background-image:url(website_code/images/apereoLogo.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:right; margin-right:10px; float:right">
-                            <p style="float:right; margin:0px; color:#a01a13;"><button type="button" class="xerte_button" onclick="javascript:logout()" ><i class="fa fa-sign-out"></i> <?PHP echo MANAGEMENT_LOGOUT; ?></button></p>
                         </div>
                         <?php
                     }
@@ -303,6 +301,7 @@
                                 </div>
                                 <div class="admin_mgt_area_middle_button_right">
                                     <button type="button" class="xerte_button" onclick="javascript:save_changes()"><i class="fa fa-floppy-o"></i> <?PHP echo MANAGEMENT_MENUBAR_SAVE; ?></button>
+                                    <button type="button" class="xerte_button" onclick="javascript:logout()" ><i class="fa fa-sign-out"></i> <?PHP echo MANAGEMENT_LOGOUT; ?></button>
                                 </div>
                                 <div id="admin_area">
                                 </div>

John.

v3: Issue: Management buttons overlapping 8 years 8 months ago #2998

• julten
  • Thank you received: 18
I'm not sure from that how to apply the changes... (my git ignorance...). I have done the css one.

v3: Issue: Management buttons overlapping 8 years 8 months ago #3007

• jayaich
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I am a bit confused as to why your confused :-)

If you applied the CSS changes, then surely you just do the same but with the PHP changes. Since the change is just removing two lines and inserting one (albeit all in different places), I would have either copy/paste the patch provided into a local file and then apply that to your local git clone. Or, since they are just one line changes, apply them directly to the source code in the development git branch on github. It depends on how you use git, and how the project uses git branches.

John.

v3: Issue: Management buttons overlapping 8 years 8 months ago #3008

• julten
  • Thank you received: 18
OK, so I took the inline text, saved it as a .patch file and then trried to apply it using tortoise git. It fails with 'unable to detecxt path format' or some such. This is due to my inexperience with git, so if you have any guidnace as to how to proceed, it would be welcome.

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search