Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

v3: blank page with new window navigator 8 years 7 months ago #3141

• jayaich
  • jayaich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
Hello,

If I edit or create a project, and use the 'New window' navigator, but do not specify the image preview option, then all that is seen (when played) is a blank page. The Apache logs show that a 404 is being returned because Xerte is trying to GET '/xerte/Select%20a%20preview%20image'. This is the default text displayed when creating/editing the new window. If I edit the page and change the preview image to nothing (i.e. remove the 'Select a preview image' text), then the new window works as expected (no 404, a web page is displayed).

Not sure if this is a bug as such or an issue. I was using new window to try and sort out another user problem, so I may simply be doing something that users would not normally do! :-)

Sorry, haven't had time yet to look at the code for a patch.

John.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

v3: blank page with new window navigator 8 years 7 months ago #3142

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 248
Thanks for reporting. The code obviously ought to deal with no image being added but a lot of this kind of thing is historical e.g. with the wysiwyg editor and html 5 player these days you can add images with links to open in new window to just about all pages now. We needed those dedicated pages previously due to Flash player limitations whereas now you can achieve the same and more with just the plain text page. That said we should try to fix this at some point and should add it to the issues list on github.
Regards
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search