Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the place for questions about learning design and pedagogy; how to use different page types for different purposes.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Using folders to organise / link to content in the media browser 3 years 8 months ago #6765

• falcooor
  • falcooor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

Just looking for confirmation of if this is / isn't possible as I can't work it out.

We want to embed a js object in a XERTE project, Usually we would host it on our VLE them embed it, but recently embedding has been disabled (x-frame-options or similar)

The js files contain subfolders, but I can't seem to add a folder to the XERTE project's media browser - so I can't replicate the structure of the js files.

Is this something that I'm missing? (we can always flatten the file structure if absolutely necessary)

Thanks
Owen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Using folders to organise / link to content in the media browser 3 years 8 months ago #6767

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 244
Hi Owen
how urgent is this? I can think of a few different solutions but we have a developer day scheduled for Thursday and I would want to discuss with colleagues before recommending the best solution.
That said you've already identified one possible solution e.g. use find and replace on the files so that you can change the paths and upload them as a flat file structure, assuming they are all allowed file types?
However like I say I can think of 2 or 3 other solutions but would want to discuss with colleagues on Thursday first. If your need is more urgent than that contact me offlist.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: falcooor

Last edit: by ronm.

Using folders to organise / link to content in the media browser 3 years 8 months ago #6768

• falcooor
  • falcooor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Ron,

Yes, no rush on this. I might direct the person who posed the question here as they have a couple of follow ups depending on which way we go.

Thanks

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search