Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the place for questions about learning design and pedagogy; how to use different page types for different purposes.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Do I use Language to show a message when end-user visits Xerte for a 2nd time? 2 years 11 months ago #7377

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Xerte community,

I am revisiting an issue I had last year and earlier this year.

A non-linear Xerte is developed with menu buttons on the second page. Using Connectors >Hotspot Image Connectors page type to provide destination of menu buttons and pages have ‘Page Links’ to navigate back to the menu. The Xerte contains Quizzes, Documentation page and Results page. the Xerte is set up correctly with Page type Misc >Stop Tracking final page and Completion Not Required option ticked on pages after the Results page.

Issue encountered was that Xerte displaying ‘Complete’ when student opens the Xerte for a second attempt, even if the end-user did not complete viewing all pages but stopped part-way through.

There is no message on the screen to inform students to click on the Table of Contents bottom right icon on the screen.

Question: Can I write a message in the ‘Language’ area with the instruction text?

Apologies if I received an answer previously, but please remind me.

Many thanks in advance for help.
Anne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search