Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the place for questions about learning design and pedagogy; how to use different page types for different purposes.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Correct tracking settings for SCORM without a quiz 2 years 8 months ago #7499

• jimothy
  • jimothy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I’m sure this should be straightforward but I am struggling to get my lesson to mark as complete on Kallidus LMS

There are no quiz or interaction involved in my lesson. I just want the lesson to be marked as complete if the learner has read all the pages. What are the correct settings I need to set on the tracking tab for this to report correctly?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Correct tracking settings for SCORM without a quiz 2 years 8 months ago #7500

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Well. It depends what you mean with 'if the learner has read all the pages' and which version of Xerte you are using, and which version of SCORM (1.2 or 2004).

Completion tracking is tricky is our experience. My recommendation is to use SCOMR 2004 if possible. Also to set the page timeout to 0s. The default prior to version 3.8 used to be 5s, and that causes all kinds of problems, because in general pepole do not look at a title page for 5s.

To see which page is causing the most issues, insert a results page as a test as the last page. It will show you which page is not counted as completed.

Hope this helps a bit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimothy

Correct tracking settings for SCORM without a quiz 2 years 8 months ago #7501

• jimothy
  • jimothy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks that is helpful. Two further questions.

which of the following should I choose:
Full tracking of first pass
Minimal tracking of first pass
Full tracking of last pass
Minimal tracking of first pass

And if I mark all pages individually with completion not required option, will it report a pass?

James.

Correct tracking settings for SCORM without a quiz 2 years 8 months ago #7503

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
It depends what you want to achieve. The difference between Full and minimal tracking does not matter at all for the score recorded in SCORM, but Full tracking also records the answers given, and minimal tracking does not. First pass or last pass determines which score ends up in SCORM if a learner during a session answers the same question twice. With first pass, the second answer is ignore, with last pass, the second answer overwrites the first.

As you do not have any interactions, it really does not matter.

If you mark all pages as 'Completion not required' you will pass, but you will not know whether all pages have been visited.

Last edit: by tom.
  • Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search