Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the place for questions about learning design and pedagogy; how to use different page types for different purposes.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tables 2 years 6 months ago #7682

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Xerte community,
I have a question regarding Tables. I have been asked by a colleague, if there a way of displaying two tables alongside each other on the screen, so that space on the page is optimised to provide two Tables horizontally adjacent to each other so that content is displayed on one screen rather than scrolling down the screen?

Second question regarding Tables - I have been investigating the Table page type and notice that when I upload a CSV file, that file takes precedence in displaying the content in a Table from the CSV file, rather than the Table Data fields I had already populated in the Xerte Table page type itself. I was hoping I could use both the data field records to present a Table and the CSV file upload option to display a second table on the same page.

Is it possible to display two tables on one page?

I am reluctant to use customised code to do this.

I look forward to receiving any useful tips.

Best regards
Anne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tables 2 years 6 months ago #7683

• annem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi,
I have added a URL link to the Xerte where I have been investigating positioning of a Table. The last page is using Text > Plain Text page type with the Table option from the toolbar. Perhaps it is better to use that for the Tables? But can I position the Tables horizontally adjacent side by side to each other?

xerte.northampton.ac.uk/xertetoolkits/play_4704

I look forward to receiving any advice.
Best regards
anne

Tables 2 years 6 months ago #7684

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 88
Hi Anne
Don't use the table page for this - as you say, that page only allows one table per page. I'd recommend adding two tables to the text on a plain text page and in the table properties (where you set the no. of rows & columns) make the width of the tables less than 50%, e.g. 40% (to allow for a gap between them) and set the alignment to left. This will create two tables side by side. If you want a gap between them then you can edit the table properties on the table on the left, click the advanced tab and add some css to the style box. For example, adding margin-right:10px; would give a 10 pixel gap between the two tables.
Hope this helps
Fay

Tables 2 years 6 months ago #7685

• annem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Fay,
Good to hear from you and thank you so much for the advice. I have tried this and it works and I can have 2 tables side by side on the page. I hope you are keeping well. Best wishes. Anne

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search