Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the place for questions about learning design and pedagogy; how to use different page types for different purposes.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Interactivity > Interactive text page type question 2 years 5 months ago #7686

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Xerte Community,
Hoping someone can help. Yesterday a colleague and I were working with the Interactive Text page type in Xerte.

We noticed that when set up to Interactivity - Mark at End, when playing the Xerte a 'Checkbox' was displayed on the screen, but the Checkbox was not active.
Is this inactive button to be expected? Or are we doing something wrong? Or could this be a bug or issue?

I look forward to hearing from you. Screenshots are attached, the content displayed on the screenshots is demo only and not course content.

Best wishes
Anne
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Interactivity > Interactive text page type question 2 years 5 months ago #7687

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi Anne
this is not a bug or an issue and you are not doing something wrong but by setting mark at end you are telling the interaction to behave in this way. You can see the impact of the different options just by changing and then testing those settings e.g.

With mark at end you see your selections but as you go not whether they are correct or wrong.
e.g. the feedback simply says You have selected 3 of 3 not whether those selections are correct or wrong.
Once you've interacted with each of the groups the check button becomes active which you can then select and see your results including correct and wrong answers.

Without mark at end selected you see your results as you go
e.g. You have found 3 of 3 with colour change and strikethrough indicating which are correct and which are wrong.

From a learning design perspective you simply need to decide which suits your objectives best at that point in the sequence. There are obviously other options in addition to Find and Find - (Mark at end) I would suggest creating a test LO and duplicating the page and then changing to each option so that you can see the difference.

HTH
Ron.
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Last edit: by ronm.

Interactivity > Interactive text page type question 2 years 5 months ago #7688

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Ron,
Thank you for the guidance. I have changed the interactivity to: Show Me (By name) and now I have the correct behaviour, without the Checkbox displaying.

I think I will use this page type more frequently, as i do like the various behaviours it provides depending on the interactivity setting chosen and what it can provide based on desired objectives.

Many thanks again.
Anne

Last edit: by annem.
  • Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search