Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions and topics about Xerte Toolkits that don’t fit anywhere else.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Exporting a bootstrap project as a SCORM 1 month 36 minutes ago #8962

• Caglayan
  • Caglayan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
Is there a way to export a bootstrap template as a SCORM package? For some reason I only see two options in the Export tab on the Project Properties page of my bootstrap project. I see the "Get Deployment Zip" and the "Get Archive Zip". Please see attachment.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Exporting a bootstrap project as a SCORM 4 weeks 2 days ago #8963

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
There is no SCORM export for bootstrap at the moment. The most important reason for that is that the bootstrap does not support tracking. So, a link to the Xerte installation works just as well (or better) than using a SCORM package.

As we will add tracking to bootstrap in the future, we will probably add SCORM export.

Exporting a bootstrap project as a SCORM 4 weeks 1 day ago #8965

• Caglayan
  • Caglayan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Tom,
Thanks so much for the prompt response. I can see what you say about a link to the Xerte installation working just as well (or better) than using a SCORM package. I think the link is easier to deploy.
Nevertheless, we favor the SCORM option for now because it makes deploying digital content to our LMS (Blackboard Learn) easy since we don't have to depend on our IT department for content deployment on a web server. Our Blackboard Learn installation is hosted by Anthology. (We are the Teaching and Learning Center office at our university responsible for digital content creation). The thing about creating a Bootstrap template and deploying it with a link is that we would have to upload the export files to an external webserver, and we want to avoid dependencies on our IT department. Uploading the bootstrap template to the Xerte server doesn't seem like an option because it is an internal dedicated server with no access to the outside world.
Given the circumstances, using the Xerte Online Toolkit option sounds like a better option? Or do you see another way for us to use the Bootstrap template?
Thank you for your input. Regards.

Exporting a bootstrap project as a SCORM 4 weeks 1 day ago #8966

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Clear. That's unfortunate. Let me think about it (and also investigate how difficult it would be to add SCORM export to the bootstrap template).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caglayan

Exporting a bootstrap project as a SCORM 4 weeks 1 day ago #8967

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Hi
As long as your Bootstrap project is self-contained e.g. doesn’t have any embedded xot projects from your Xerte install (which it sounds like it doesn’t) then just use the deployment zip. I can’t remember the exact terminology in Blackboard but effectively you add and extract the zip and then set the index.php as the launch file.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caglayan

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search