Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Can't change guest login 6 years 6 months ago #4686

• branes
  • branes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I did an Xerte upgrade to 3.5. In the previous version, I used static login (static in auth_config.php and static.php file). By using the portal management program (management.php), I changed the guest login to static, but the portal does not remember the changes. I can not log in with the username that I have in the static.php file. Do I have to make the change in auth_config.php manually, are the files auth_config.php and static.php still in use? In which database table the data about authentication method is written?
Where I made a mistake. Im asking for help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can't change guest login 6 years 6 months ago #4687

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Did you run your_install_url/upgrade.php as part of the upgrade process? Make sure you do that after updating the files. As well as that being necessary for normal use the script makes changes to the database which unless made prevent the management page from saving changes. You should then be able to login to management and change the authentication method to static and have those changes saved.

You certainly shouldn't make changes to auth_config.php any longer as those settings were all moved to management. I would also recommend changing your authentication to DB and then just create a db account with the same details you previously had in static.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Can't change guest login 6 years 6 months ago #4688

• branes
I've run upgrade.php and I've got message that upgrade is o.k.. If I repeat upgrade.php I get message "Database is up to date, nothing to do". I can start management.php and I can change authentication to db. Of course I click on save button but when I login again the authentication method returns to guest. Maybe there is another mistake.
I can give you username and password by emailthat you can log to my portal and look what can be wrong.

Can't change guest login 6 years 6 months ago #4689

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Yes once upgrade.php has been run it won't change anything again until a future release. It's only looking at your install not a remote repository.

Did you close all browser windows and then revisit your installation? If the change to DB worked via management you should see a login screen when you visit the homepage of your install.

If you previously tried editing any of the Xerte system files try just replacing those with the files from the 3.5 download. Also try a force refresh or clear cache or try a different browser.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Can't change guest login 6 years 6 months ago #4691

• branes
Maybe there was a problem whith my browser. I've run MySql admin and I've changed the authentication method myself without management.php. Now I can create new user in management.php and my login into portal is working. I also see all my projects.

Thanks for help.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search