Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How to test a SCORM 1.2 compliant package 9 years 4 weeks ago #2671

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Hi Matt
I suspect possibly browser or server caching could be the reason for the disappearing errors but could be wrong about that.
Regarding versions to export there's no one size fits all here. In a test course try exporting and importing the same LO as both 1.2 and 2004, then interact with the LO as a student and look at the tracking results as a teacher or admin. You'll see quite a bit of difference between the two versions but might decide 2004 shows too much in too may rows compared with the earlier 1.2 report. Both should work but personally I prefer the longer more separated results from the 2004 export.
You should also think carefully about what to export and what to simply link or embed from your Xerte install. Linking or embedding makes it much easier to keep resources updated and improved and fixed if there are changes to external services like YouTube or Mathjax etc. If you want to track quiz scores consider creating the quizzes as separate LO's or just linking from a Xerte LO to a moodle quiz and then from that back to the next LO. Although a bit old now referring to an older version my previous screencasts cover that in a bit more detail mitchellmedia.co.uk/xerte
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How to test a SCORM 1.2 compliant package 9 years 4 weeks ago #2672

• Mattward
  • Thank you received: 0
Cheers Ron that's a great help. I'm sure it won't be my last issue I have!
Many thanks again.

Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search