Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Testing pro-forma/document/checklist? 9 years 2 months ago #2576

• helenmd
  • helenmd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi everyone,

We've recently installed XOT with a view to a big launch in our Learning and Teaching conference on 2 July.

I'm going to be leading on the management, training and publicity which is a challenge that I'm really looking forward to. However, before we go through the LDAP integration, I've been asked to test the XOT thoroughly. To save reinventing the wheel, does anyone have a document/matrix/grid that they would be willing to share that I could use to tick bits off as I've tested them?

Many thanks in advance

Helen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Testing pro-forma/document/checklist? 8 years 10 months ago #2744

• JohnSmith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi Helen,

Sorry that no-one appears to have got back to you regarding this.

This isn't something that i've seen anyone else request and I haven't seen anything shared before about itbut it does seem to be a great idea.

We are currently working hard on the new v3 release of XOT (which is beta just now and really quite stable). This should be available in the next few weeks and will allow editing to be done on iPads and other tablet devices for on the go editing... If you eventually created your own checklist then this would be great for testing before the final release if you are happy to share?

John

Testing pro-forma/document/checklist? 8 years 10 months ago #2749

• helenmd
Hi John,

I'd be happy to share, I'm not saying it's perfect, but it will at least give you a starting point. I can't see anywhere to upload documents, so how can I get it to you?

Helen

Testing pro-forma/document/checklist? 8 years 10 months ago #2752

• JohnSmith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Helen, that would be great. I'm sure it could help a lot of people (including us) to do some methodical testing of the LOs.

If you are happy to share here then on my screen there is an Attachments box directly under the text box when you reply. If you cannot see that though and want to just email it to me then you can get me at jjs (at) gcu.ac.uk

If you are ok with it then i'll re-attach it to this Forum post so that others can see what you have done.

Have you found any bugs/issues when you have been testing? How have you documented these and have you reported these to anyone? It sounds strange but we like it when people manage to break the system because it means we can patch it for everyone's benefit so let me know if you find anything peculiar also...
The following user(s) said Thank You: helenmd

Testing pro-forma/document/checklist? 8 years 10 months ago #2753

• helenmd
I haven't made many posts, which is probably why I can't attach files. I'll email a copy over to you shortly.

I can't say that I found any bugs as such - we had iniital issues with the filesize for uploading files, and we had issues with "Session ID Not Set" which is a cookies issue I believe. I've sent some information to our technicians in the hope that they will be able to fix it, but if not, then I'll be back asking about it.

One little Anomoly which threw me a bit - in Firefox, you can click on a project and move it into a folder, but in Chrome, you need to hold down CTRL and click & drag to move it into a folder.

I'll email the checklist to you now, but it's not perfect - you may be able to enhance it.

Helen

Last edit: by helenmd. Reason: error

Testing pro-forma/document/checklist? 8 years 10 months ago #2756

• JohnSmith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ah ok, i'll ask the site admin about that as I thought everyone could attach stuff...

Anyway, you may want to ask your techs to download and setup the latest v3 beta (available in the resources section of this site) to do your testing against. It is not 100% finished but is the most up to date version we have just now. The reason I say this is that the Workspace has been redesigned and uses a new tree. So the drag/drop issue is fixed.

Also, yes as Ron points out, there are a few deprecated page types and these seem to be included so unless you have any legacy ones you already use (which it sounds like you don't) then it might not be worth your effort.

If you need to add these type of things in the future then you can easily include the embed code on most pages now...

John

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search