Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.

TOPIC:

Previewing my project presents a blank sceen and http error 500 1 year 7 months ago #8246

• richard100
  • richard100's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi
My installation recently auto upgraded to 3.11.7.
I cannot preview the project anymore. When I pressed the ‘Play’ button, it presents a blank screen.
In my project workspace, when I select edit / preview the following error occurs. 'This page isn’t working [mydomainname] is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500'.

I ran tests from the directory and obtained the same message. The error_log states:-

[02-Aug-2022 05:12:57 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'PHPUnit_Framework_TestCase' not found in /home/mydomainname/public_html/xerte/tests/Xerte/Validate/FileExtensionTest.php:20
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
thrown in /home/mydomainname/public_html/xerte/tests/Xerte/Validate/FileExtensionTest.php on line 20
[02-Aug-2022 05:13:54 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'PHPUnit_Framework_TestCase' not found in /home/mydomainname/public_html/xerte/tests/Xerte/Validate/FileMimeTypeTest.php:20
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
thrown in /home/mydomainname/public_html/xerte/tests/Xerte/Validate/FileMimeTypeTest.php on line 20
[02-Aug-2022 05:14:19 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'PHPUnit_Framework_TestCase' not found in /home/mydomainname/public_html/xerte/tests/Xerte/Validate/VirusScanClamAvTest.php:20
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
thrown in /home/mydomainname/public_html/xerte/tests/Xerte/Validate/VirusScanClamAvTest.php on line 20
[02-Aug-2022 05:14:41 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'PHPUnit_Framework_TestCase' not found in /home/mydomainname/public_html/xerte/tests/Xerte/Validate/XmlTest.php:28
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
thrown in /home/mydomainname/public_html/xerte/tests/Xerte/Validate/XmlTest.php on line 28

My ISP support report 'We have examined the xerte admin panel and found that the [project name] and other folders preview option also throwing the blank screen upon clicking. And with debug logs, there is no specific with the server error'. We suggest you to contact the xerte support from your end and let us know if there is any amendments needs to do from our end to resolve the issue.

I would really appreciate it if anyone can help.
Thank you in advance.
Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Previewing my project presents a blank sceen and http error 500 1 year 7 months ago #8247

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 306
I am sorry to say that I have no idea what is happening. The file Xerte/Validate/FileExtensionTest.php is not part of the Xerte software. Also Xerte does not have an auto upgrade feature. So that is built by someone else. And I don't know who.

Could be your provider. But I don't know. Who is your provider?

Previewing my project presents a blank sceen and http error 500 1 year 7 months ago #8248

• richard100
Hi Tom
Softaculous - Xerte Online Toolkits Version : 3.11.7 Release Date : 26-07-2022
Richard

Previewing my project presents a blank sceen and http error 500 1 year 7 months ago #8249

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 306
There is no contact (informal or formal) between the Xerte Community who maintain and build Xerte and Softaculous.

In this case you will need to contact Softaculous.

I am afraid we cannot solve this issue for you.

The official Xerte release is distributed from this website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: richard100

Previewing my project presents a blank sceen and http error 500 1 year 7 months ago #8250

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi
just to add to the discussion here...
Xerte is free and open source and the forums here are for the community of Xerte users to support each other. Those of us in the Xerte development team often have to respond here because not enough of the wider community engage in supporting others. However we do so voluntarily if and when we have time - although some of us do also provide direct commercial support to organisations and individuals who pay us for that support. But here's the difference:
Those of us in the Xerte development team who provide commercial services are directly contributing to the project and the wider community usually for the benefit of everyone.
These hosting companies who use Softaculous and charge you for their hosting are contributing nothing to the Xerte project and neither are whoever is behind Softaculous.
As Tom said Xerte itself doesn't provide any auto upgrade functionality and although the tests directory IS part of Xerte it isn't what is causing your problem and the hosting provider or the people behind Softaculous need to provide you with the support to resolve whatever the issue is. It's impossible for us to accurately advise on this issue because we do not provide an auto upgrade function or at least not the one in use here.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Last edit: by ronm.

Previewing my project presents a blank sceen and http error 500 1 year 7 months ago #8251

• richard100
Hi,
Thank you both for clarifying.
I'll withdraw from community forum and try to obtain the support elsewhere as you suggest.
Thanks again for you time.
Regards
Richard

Moderators: ronmjultenjjs
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search